My name is Anne Colunga and I look forward to helping students with issues that may be affecting their academic, career, and personal/social interaction. I will work with students through individual, group, and classroom guidance lessons.
I am able to help students with:
- Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
- Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving conflict and respecting others.
- Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to enhance student success.
- Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Providing support during a personal crisis.
- Working with students on attendance issues.
- Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
- Developing student career awareness.
- Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED DURING COUNSELING:
- Career options
- Selecting college/universities
- Making friends
- Liking myself
- Getting along with others
- Parents' divorce
- Being a "new kid"
- Learning and responsibility
- Death and dying
- Sexual abuse
- Moving away
- Being honest
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- College/Career Readiness