What is Dual Language Immersion?
- Dual language immersion (DLI) is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and content in two languages. Portuguese is currently taught at Sterling Elementary.
- Daily instruction is divided equally between two high-quality, creative classrooms and teachers. Students receive instruction in English for 50% of the day and in Portuguese for 50% of the day.
- View the Utah DLI instructional model here: DLI Instructional Model (http://utahdli.org/instructionalmodel.html)
- Students begin the program in the first grade and remain in the program through the twelfth grade.
- Students who complete the program will achieve high levels of language proficiency in a second language.
What is Dual Immersion?
Secondary Schools Flow Chart