As the new principal at your school, I am excited to be joining your Sterling Elementary Family!
On behalf of the staff at Sterling Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider volunteering at Sterling Elementary as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) PTA membership and participation
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Community Council members
The wonderful Sterling Elementary School staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you.
Principal, Sterling Elementary
June 28, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is with bittersweet feelings that I write to inform you that I have accepted an offer to become the principal of Rose Springs Elementary. My five years at Sterling/Harris have been wonderful. The teachers and staff here are some of the most dedicated professionals that I have worked with in my career. A huge part of what makes Sterling great is you; the amazing and engaged parents of our school community.
In speaking with the superintendent about the change, I expressed to him what I felt Sterling needs in a leader to continue to be successful. I am so excited for Mrs. Linda Clegg to be coming to Sterling. She is a fantastic leader. You are in good hands!
I regret that I wasn’t able to say goodbye to our Sterling students, whom I will miss so much. Every single one of them gives me hope for our future, and I wish them every success moving forward. Please tell them that I will miss them and care deeply for them.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this fantastic school community. It has been my honor and privilege.